This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”).
At Absolute Systems we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently. This Notice sets out:
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- How we safeguard the information
- Your rights to access and correction of information
- Changes to this Notice
- How to contact us
- The Information Regulator’s contact details
Who we are
In this Notice, “Absolute Systems”, or “we” refers to one of the companies in the Ciartech Group that operate in South Africa.
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose. We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, for example when you purchase a product or services from us or when you submit enquiries to us or contact us. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in the Ciartech Group in order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with Absolute Systems. Website usage information is collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- To provide our products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested and to maintain our relationship
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes
- For operational purposes
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
We may share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above, for example credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies
- Other companies in the Ciartech Group when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can offer to you, but only where you have not objected to such sharing
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security
- Computer and network security
- Access to personal information
- Secure communications
- Security in contracting out activities or functions
- Retention and disposal of information
- Acceptable usage of personal information
- Governance and regulatory issues
- Monitoring access and usage of private information
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
How to contact us
If you have questions about this Notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following numbers/addresses:
- Service Centre +27 11 367 8100